Saturday, September 12, 2009

two bajas

7 September 2009

Now we were on our way to La Paz. I have a pretty stubborn plan to get there and boat hitchhike to the main land to Los Mochis or Mazatlan from where I could somehow get to Mexico city and meet at last a girl from my city, the only one Russian girl I know who came to Mexico and guess what she now lives here!;) We have one good mutual friend and after the conversation with her I realized that I want to meet her and hang out because she seems to be really nice person! So we spent 4 days in car and cheap hotels at night, visited destroyed by the Jimena hurricane cities and met some friendly people. We drank plenty of water and cold beer, visited the Loreto’s local religious festival and ate lots of bananas as the most cheap and full of sugar fruit.
We passed the endless desert full of cactuses, funny trees and sharp bushes. We saw the rainbow, admired low clouds and short rain which came to greet us. There, in the middle of the peninsula, in the heart of desert was no sound except whistling wind and rear cars due to the recently passed hurricane. Enjoying the view and company we crossed the boarder between two states and changed our clock’s one hour forward and now we were in Baja California Sur!;)
On our way we met a Canadian guy and now already we are three moving together, two in a car and one on a motorcycle. Planning by tomorrow reach La Paz where I’ll again be by myself looking for adventures
So we end up in our destination met a wonderful talented and creative Mexican girl who passed the Baja California by her feet, won a prize on a photographer’s contest and has lots of ideas about eco-tourism. She was very kind and offered to host me and that’s how I spent two wonderful days in her company and company of her friends, sleeping on the roof and admiring the warmth of nights in La Paz! 

No comments:

Post a Comment