Wednesday, September 2, 2009


First I came to San Diego, California, USA, just in couple days before we had a week camping in Sequoia National Park, close to nature, bears and long conversations during drinking beer.
In San Diego I spent 2 amazing months of doing nothing just lying on the beaches, drinking with my friends and locals, taking pictures of everything and cycling my bike back and forth.
When I finally understood that with having too much fun I don’t move anywhere, I don’t learn anything or even see anything new I decided to visit my favorite city from last year – San Francisco. I published my post in craigslist, had a reply just immediately and moved towards the Bay area! My dear friend Janet helped me to pack my stuff – backpack with couple changing shirts and pants, two pillows, two sheets, one towel, one blanket and some kitchen items not to ask anybody for anything that i might need and I had a present from a Russian girl to boy who lived over there. Also I took my bike in case to ride around and not spending money on bus tickets and of course for my working out as I never was an example of good fitted person.
The plan was to spend first two days at my friend’s place then to move to a big house where there supposed to be friends of my friends waiting for me and where I could spend a week. What happened in real – my friend had a sudden reconstruction at his place and he by himself had to stay at somebody’s house, then those friends of a friends’ house had an economical crisis and they couldn’t host me and I found myself at a cold SF’s street with all my stuff and no place to go! It was fun I’m telling you! 
 The first and the best decision was to call the guy to whom I had a present and ask him for accommodation. God bless kind and open people! While I was waiting for Misha at Union square one boy from Hong Kong was waiting with me and let me use his cell phone to call and made me really nice and interesting company! He had a very unexpected view on things, he was counting Friday of the year, connecting them to the moon location. Then Misha came and picked me up to his place. Anyway, after that night I had to move somewhere else and now I was already searching in Web, as been a couchsurfing member using hostels is too easy and yet an issue and I was kind of pressing on the chance to have somebody’s couch for one or two nights. At last, with no hope already, I found it and moved accelerating to the new host's place which was in a really nice area with the marine next by and quite streets. We went together to the really cool Indian music concert, ate delicious salad, drank smoothie and I was preparing to go back to San Diego as all my plans failed, but I had another person whom I wanted to call and whom I definitely wanted to meet before leaving San Fran. He didn’t respond to his cell phone, but he picked the phone when I called to his Mother’s land phone!!!! It was a fate! And long story short – that’s how I spent almost a week in his casa in the middle of nowhere, hidden in woods and mountains with hippies, Buddhists and Rastafarians.

And there, in mountains I had a pretty obvious sign that I have to go to south!

Even at the back trip to San Diego I met great people, also using a rideshare and then Greyhound, where by the way if you have any problems you can talk to the bus drivers personally and they will help you with any your trouble for some “clanking” thanks. 
So right now I’m in Mexico. And I love it!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment