Wednesday, September 2, 2009

first time in Mexico

So at last I made it to the San Diego and Tijuana’s border. Nervesing, sweating, without any clue what all those people are speaking about I walked on the long bridge on the other side of which there was the big sign saying MEXICO.
As I was prepared for the worst I was trying not to speak to anybody, not to show my tourist look and not to get into trouble. But there was no bus as I expected right near the border!! I definitely had to ask somebody for the directions! The most safe way I found in my head is to go to the bus driver which was having a break chilling at parking near his bus. And you know what? He was a sweetheart! He spoke really good English and was really interested in my travel story and also he expresses lots of greetings to Russia and my fabulous movings!
So I got to the bus, breaking all possible rules of Spanish, mixing it with English and Russian the bus driver at last understood what my destination was and promised to announce it, which actually he forgot to do, but I’m not that silly to trust them, so to be sure I asked also a girl, sitting next to me.
I got of at the Tecnologico and Universidad and realized that if you reduce the temperature approximately twice, make locals whiter, without touching their boring appearance and if you change the language to Russian you will get my Motherland, my missed world, my destroyed roads and crazy drivers! I was at home! Same! I remember how every my American friend was telling me scary stories about local police that drivers don’t stop if they are asked because they can be killed or tortured, or that everybody want to rob me or rape. But I’m ok, already for the cuatro dias and still alive and with all my parts with me. But what’s important to mention is that police here looks really creepy, they usually drive trucks and in the truck you can see the guy with a huge gun. That’s for sure, but nobody is killed or suffered so far.
I spent two beautiful days in a city Ensenada which is more in south from Tijuana. There was a wine festival and lots of tourists, of course wine, lots of bars and free of cover clubs and definitely great company!
We stayed at my friend’s (I found through Couchsurfing.org) parent’s house in a hilly, quite and nice area, slept all together on the floor, ate his Mom’s delicious breakfasts and were parting both of those nights.
Mexico showed me it’s hospitable and kind nature which I appreciate and value! I want to say thank you to all people who took care of me here and i hope i could write the names of places we’ve visited and all drinks we’ve been drinking and foods we’ve been eaten, if I could remember them all..
Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment